Leatherhead 0 Northwood 0

Leatherhead were unable to break down a stubborn Northwood defence in a drab goal
less draw at Fetcham Grove on Tuesday.

Tanners were without midfielder Fabio Saraiva in their starting line-up after the
influential playmaker received a bruising head injury at Uxbridge on Saturday.

The hosts started positively against Northwood, with Trevan Robinson intercepting a
poor clearance from Woods keeper Andrew McCorkell before firing wide.

Tanners were unable to take advantage from two free kicks won in good set piece
positions outside the penalty area. Omarr Lawson was unable to lift the ball over the
Woods’ defensive wall on each occasion.

Midway through the half Northwood striker Dan Williams hit a fierce drive wide of
the post, in a rare attack from the visitors.

On 32 minutes, Daniel Hector sent a looping cross into the Woods’ six-yard box.
McCorkell came off his line to block, making a brave save as a couple of Tanners
players raced forward in an effort to reach the ball ahead of him.

Northwood had their first shot on target five minutes later, but Carl Stewart’s tame
long-range effort was easily gathered up by Leatherhead keeper Mickey Allen.

Hector missed a chance to put Tanners ahead just before half time, chipping the ball
over the bar from the edge of the Woods’ penalty area.

The visitors sat even deeper in the second half, crowding their penalty area with
defenders, in an attempt to frustrate Leatherhead’s advances.

Alpha Diallo had a chance to break the deadlock for Tanners on 51 minutes, breaking
clear at the halfway line. But instead of having the confidence to run with the ball and
test the Woods’ keeper with a shot, the Tanners wingback opted to make a desperate
pass to no one in the particular and the opportunity was lost.

Leatherhead came close on 68 minutes, with Ollie Cook going up for a Kenny Beaney
corner. But the popular Tanners centre back was unable to get the ball on target,
heading over through a crowded penalty area.

Northwood missed a chance to score against the run of play four minutes later.
Williams headed over after latching onto Osaretin Otote’s well-directed cross before
Leatherhead’s Trey Masikini tested McCorkell with another tame shot on 80 minutes.
Neither side was able to produce another goal scoring opportunity in the closing
minutes, despite the referee finding seven minutes of added time.

Tanners will look to end their run of three home games without scoring when they
face Badshot Lea in another league match at Fetcham Grove on Saturday.

Leatherhead: Mikey Allen, Alpha Diallo (Trey Masikini 65), Michael Elechi, Luther
Williams (Tyler Cox 65), Ollie Cook, Jerry Puemo, Gus Sow (Junior Savane 78),
Kenny Beaney, Trevan Robinson, Daniel Hector, Omarr Lawson

Northwood: Andrew McCorkell, Teddy Stacey, Deago Dunbar-Bonnie, George
Milner-Smith, Luke Tingey, Romario Jonas, Carl Stewart, Harry McCorkell, Dan
Williams (Riccardo Alexander-Greenaway 90), Kofi Anokye-Boadi, Osaretin Otote
(Sam Jenkins 90)