Binfield 0 Leatherhead 2
Leatherhead returned to winning ways with a hard fought three points at Binfield on
Saturday. Tanners secured the win with a late second half goal from Tommy Stagg
after Omarr Lawson opened the scoring for the visitors on 12 minutes.

Binfield missed a chance to take an early lead when Manuchim Oke-William worked
his way past two defenders before attempting to round Leatherhead keeper Mikey
Allen. But the Moles striker took one touch too many and ball was successfully
blocked and cleared for a corner.

Tanners grabbed the lead after Tyler Cox broke clear of his marker down the left and
delivered a teasing cross into the penalty area. Gus Sow laid it off to an advancing
Lawson to fire home into the corner of the net.

Binfield’s Ben Stallard went down in Leatherhead’s box on 25 minutes with a shout
for a penalty but the referee saw that nothing untoward had happened and calmly
waved play on.

A minute later central defender Fikayo Atewologun made a rare advance deep into
Binfield’s half, but his glancing header was comfortably gathered up by Moles
custodian Harry Dillon.

The hosts resorted to peppering the visitor’s goal with long range shots. But neither
Jimmy Bamgbose nor Troy Murray could keep the ball down, with both players’
efforts going over the bar.

Tanners were briefly unnerved by Daniel Roth at the start of the second half. The
Moles midfielder struck a fierce low drive on 48 minutes with Allen eventually
recovering the ball after taking the sting off the initial shot.

But for all their endeavours Binfield were unable to break down the composed
Leatherhead defence, as the visitors pressed further forward in search of a decisive
second goal.

Daniel Hector combined well with Alpha Diallo on 70 minutes before Hector
delivered a pass through to Fabio Saraiva on the edge of the area. But the Tanners
midfielder was unable to get any power into his shot and Dillon saved comfortably.

Hector showed glimpses of his renowned pace in the second half, turning his marker
before firing over from a wide angle on 75 minutes.

The referee showed growing impatience with Tanners in their attempts to run down
the clock, cautioning Allen for taking too long with a goal kick and showing another
yellow card to Stagg for kicking the ball away after being flagged for offside.

But Stagg had the last word deep in stoppage time as he pursued the ball at the feet of
a hesitant Moles defender. The Leatherhead forward won back possession before
rounding the keeper and calmly slotting the ball into an empty net.

The result sees Leatherhead maintain their position in fourth place but leaves Binfield
firmly adrift at the foot of the table after surprise wins for both Guernsey and Met

Leatherhead welcome Guernsey to Fetcham Grove next Saturday with a three o’clock

Binfield: Harry Dillon, Tristan Noel (Valentino Alanezi 87), Liam Campbell, Daniel
Roth, Dan Lewis, Connor Jeanes, Troy Murray (Max Drake 59), Ben Stallard,
Manuchim Oke-William, Dontaye Whittaker (Harvey Rackley-Hayes 67), Jimmy

Leatherhead: Mikey Allen, Gus Sow, Tyler Cox, Fikayo Atewologun, Ollie Cook,
Jamie Splatt (Luther Williams 45), Fabio Saraiva, Kenny Beaney, Trevan Robinson
(Tommy Stagg 59), Daniel Hector,Omarr Lawson (Alpha Diallo 65)